The 2020 local SEO checklist will educate you with all that you need to know about gaining organic ranks for your local business website for local searches done by the target customers of your brick and mortar business.
As the UK’s top SEO consultant for local business search marketing, I’ve been testing all the things that I have mentioned below!
I started doing SEO back in 2014 for the Quick Wasters Local business website that still ranks on the first page for keywords in the rubbish removal industry in London. You can read the case study at https://www.clickdo.co.uk/case-studies/quick-wasters/
With the right local SEO checklist, you are the right path to rank your business website on the first and climb to the top.
The Local SEO Checklist
Perfectly done on page SEO for the local business website:
- Keywords inserted on the target pages of the website
- Optimize title tags of your website/pages as this is crucial to get ranked faster on SERP’s
- Page speed optimization according to google page speed insights.
- Keyword rich structured URLs (Get the Local SEO Blueprint at ClickDo to see how this should be done)
- Optimize the images with metadata before uploading to the local business website
- Easy to access the well-presented menu on the website for the desktop and mobile viewers
- Accurate NAP (Name, Address, Telephone number) details on your website
- Embed a Google map on your contact us page as well as on home page if that’s the page you wish to get people to land for the most important keyword in your local area. Google search for “piano tuner london” and hop over to below website that I ranked at top of google.co.uk
- Install XML sitemap to make it easier for Google bots to read your website.
- Use structured data markup (Come to ClickDo Academy to learn this skill)
- Do not have duplicate content pages on your website as this screws up your local SEO rankings. Read > https://www.clickdo.co.uk/blog/duplicate-content-penalty-2018
So what’s next?
- Setup Google Analytics on your website to read traffic data.
- Setup Google Webmaster tools and submit an XML Sitemap so your website gets indexed well.
- Create the Local business listing at Google My Business setup
- Make sure the data is 100% accurate as per on your local business website
- Give the perfect category for your business. Check the top ranking website on Snack pack in your niche and give that same if you wish to outrank them in near future.
- Watch the below local SEO secret to get backlinks from Google.co.uk
Get the local business website and your brand’s NAP on local business directories
This can be done by an expert or you can do it yourself manually. Visit the https://www.clickdo.co.uk/citation-building-services/ to know all about local citations and how it can help local rankings.
**Getting citations done is compulsory if you wish to get a local business website ranked on the local map pack AKA 3 Snack Pack.
The 5 Social Media profiles for the local business website brand
Get your brand named claimed on:
- Facebook Business
- Twitter profile of the business name/brand
- Google Plus
**Inside the local SEO blueprint you will see how I do create each social media to get the optimal SEO boost for the local business website.
If the brand name is new you may not need to check the local citations for the brand name, however, I advise you go to https://moz.com/local/search and check your business name to see what comes up.
If you have duplicate listings, NAP make sure to clean that up to get it done by a local business citation clean up services provider like HOTH.
Get customer reviews on your Google business listing. Watch > How To Write A Google My Business Review For a Business or send it to the customers who used the local business services to write a review. This really helps the local snack pack ranks.
Ask for reviews everytime you serve a customer. Get it done then and there if you can.
Get view testimonials as this is the killer! Check how ClickDo has got it at > https://www.clickdo.co.uk/client-reviews/
Local Specific Backlinks
The local business website needs backlinks from same location similar, niche related backlinks.
This is covered at the Local SEO blueprint and you will be blown away seeing how easy it is to get backlinks to quality content.
See how to get backlinks from Infographics embedding on blogs. Watch > How to create embed code for infographic for SEO and now you know it.
Above are the local SEO Checklist that works.
If you want to learn it all step by step seeing how the #1 SEO Consultant in London, UK does it, you can get the local SEO Blueprint by searching for “local SEO blueprint” on google and it’s done to teach you how to rank any local business website on www.google.co.uk first page!